.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

hallway love

Oh hey!  I know I know it's been awhile...a LONG while {shame shame no excuses here}.  And you're probably thinking...all this time, months really, and all she's got are hallways? 

Well sir, do I love halls?  Halls to me are very important yet sometimes overlooked spaces.  They lead you and set the feel for what is to come...like an invitation...come follow me.

The April issue of Style at Home magazine did a piece on designer Amanda Nisbet which included this fabulous hallway above.  Just look at all the amazing detail in this space!  Let me count the ways...the arches, the orb & sconce lighting, the sisal rugs, the panelling and linen wallpaper...all come together with stunning perfection.

More arches.  I think I just may have a new obsession to add to my very long list.

MMmmmmm mmm, if I could eat it I would.  This hallway makes me smile with all it's sunshiney brightness.  Makes me wanna take my closet door off...if only I had such beautiful blankies to display.  And those lights!

 Planked ceiling and built ins provide mucho cozy for this pass thru.

Destiny, from A Place for Us, tranformed her cookie cutter hallway with the simple addition of homemade signs.  Love this look?  Destiny gives a wonderful tutorial here.

Not quite the hall hallway, but I had to sneak in another arch : )

Happy Weekend All!


3 comments:

  1. well well well, look who's back from....uhm....;).
    okay, you gave us pretty pictures...we forgive you;)! More hallways always welcome....mine needs a redo!!!!

    Love
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahooooo! She's back!!!!!! So great to have you back in action. LOVE these images. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacey!!! I have missed you! I hope you are well! I am loving these images, very tasty for sure! Oh the plank ceilings and signs on the doors are beautiful!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're really thinking ; )