.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ava's Bedroom

When I look at this room, I don't see the furniture. I still see me, slowly trying to sneak out, crawling on my hands and knees, all the while praying to God that my knees don't crack and wake baby Ava! As a babe, she didn't sleep often, so when she did, I did what I could to keep her that way! That was almost 8 years ago now, but as we all know, they never stop being our babies!

I still remember when I painted this room Tea Rose yellow by Martha Stewart. It was a gray day outside and the paint was seriously glowing with a life force of it's own! I thought I was going to cry, hmmm yes I think I did cry being all hormonal and all. I wanted a soft yellow for a baby's room, not some neon from the 80's. Frank calmed me down and said to wait till tomorrow, and sure enough, it wasn't that bad and indeed I liked it.

We added true wainscotting, which was a score from a friend who worked in a woodyard!


When we walked through the model home, we knew instantly that this would be our baby girl's room. We both thought that the window space was screaming for a built in bench. Turns out that was our first project when we moved in.


The hutch was from Ikea and I just adored it because it actually came with the rose petal knobs!




The hatbox and hats were from Ava's third birthday party. The theme was a tea party, so I made all our guests their tea hats. I put our hats above her armoire for a keepsake.


I feel a happy, cheerful feeling every time I walk into this room, well when it's clean that is!


Oh yeah, did I mention she wants her room RED now!!!!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Ava's bedroom is so sweet. The wainscotting really adds a great element. I love a yellow and pink pallette. She is a beautiful little girl! I know the feeling of tiptoeing around a sleeping baby:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a model home. It's a dream bedroom. Love it...maybe get her a red pillowcase or red towels, not red paint. It's too sweet to change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your daughters room!
    I think we may add wainscotting to our daughters room as well!
    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're really thinking ; )