Easy to make and easy clean up...this is one of my all time favourite comfort food dishes.
yummy goodness begins here
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 whole chicken, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- coarse salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. In a roasting pan, place potatoes, top with half butter; season with salt and pepper. Roast 20 min
- Place chicken, skin side up on top of potatoes, season with salt and pepper, roast 20 min
- Scatter asparagus, lemon, remaining butter and thyme atop chicken. Roast 15 min.
- Serve chicken, veggies drizzled with pan juices.
(all timing is for convection oven, if you are not using convection you may want to toss the potatoes half way through cooking and add a few minutes to your total time)