.

Monday, July 5, 2010

blueberry cream muffins

It's been quite humid around these parts the past couple of days, but that didn't stop the baking of these beauties this morning. It was the first day of the kids' swimming lessons this morning, {all but Willem, he shattered his arm this past Monday... poor thing} and I wanted to bake up a special snack for afterwards.

There were smiles all around!

The secret to the creamy rich texture is the sour cream. They are very simple to make, but be prepared to do arm work. I don't use a mixer, just a large wooden spoon to stir stir stir. The preparation time is about 10 minutes and it yields 24 glorious muffins.

Ingredients:

4 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups sour cream
3 cups blueberries

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease muffins tins or use muffin liners.
2) In a large bowl, beat eggs. Continue to beat the eggs while gradually adding the sugar, continue beating while slowly adding oil. Stir in vanilla.
3) In a seperate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
4) Alternate stirring the dry ingredients and the sour cream into the wet mixture. Fold in the blueberries. Fill the muffin tins to the very top with batter.
5) Bake 20 minutes.

I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does!!!

Happy Monday




10 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm they look delicious and surely are very yummy!!! I'll copy in my recipe book xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. well well well, look at that!!! Delicious treats!!! As if it's not warm enough you just put on the oven and bake!;).....
    You have scored some extra points as a mummy today ;).....well done!

    Dutch lesson nr.2: fijne dag!(have a nice day);)

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have now added blueberries to my shopping list and am gonna make these sometime this week, they look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought blueberries today so thanks for the recipe. I'll make muffins for breakfast on Thursday.
    xo, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear Stacey! How is Willem, now? and look at these muffins! mmm I think I will try your recipe, they look soooo inviting!!!

    Hugs!
    Mara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning....so glad you came by,cause now I have found your lovely blog!!! Where abouts are you...we are in Hamilton,Ontario...this post is lovely and looks good enough to grace a magazine! Talk soon,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blueberry muffins look delish! I also will be adding blueberries to my shopping list, thanks Stacey! Great pics too! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. :-) Blueberry muffins are my favorite!!!! I'll try this recipe today!!!Thanks
    Etta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning! Ahh, too bad I don't have one of those muffins with my coffee right now. They look delicious. This is my first time visiting your blog, and I love it so much. you have a beautiful place here. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're really thinking ; )