.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

map lovin'

I am in ♥ with old school maps. This one of Europe measures 4.5 feet x 3.5 feet and has the most wonderful colouring. It is quite old and not in mint condition, but I love it nonetheless.

When re-doing Nohl's room a few months ago, I knew I wanted a large school map for the dead space above the side of his bed. I looked long and hard for a pull down that didn't cost me a fortune and finally found one on Kijiji.

I used to play the trumpet in highschool... which surely trained me to be the highly skilled conch player that I am today....pffft. Seriously though, I really think it looks cool in Nohl's room. Mr. vG and I have had it stored in the bottom of a cupboard forever... I don't even know where it came from really???

In my long time past post about Nohl's bedroom makeover, I had the framed atlas pages just leaning on the ledge. But they are very lightweight, and one would always fly off whenever we'd open up the windows. So, I painted up an old shelf for some extra ummphhh atop the pictures. I left one picture leaning and hung the other 3 using 3m sticky tabs...so much easier to get them perfectly straight and no extra holes in my walls!

How many times can I blog about this room??? I really need to forget the kids' rooms and focus on mine next! Yes, it's my turn!!! I'll have my bedroom post for you in about a years time. It's the turtle in me....




11 comments:

  1. What a great find Stacey! The color is so wonderful, it adds a lot of detail to this room! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love maps too! Your sons room looks great. I just love the old school map of Europe. I have been on the hunt for one for what seems like forever, but can't seem to find one @ a bargain price. I'm going to keep looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that map is fabulous! I'm headed to Europe next week and am hoping to find some old maps, books, letters etc... small stuff to bring home and frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well of course I like the map!!!;))) But it also reminds me of school :(...;).....but on the other hand...it's great for a child to learn by dreaming.....let him pick a spot and tell him about it.....uhm....I don't know how old Nohl is....:D......
    Can't wait to see your next project....THE mastersuite;)......we are planning to get busy with ours.....SIGH......I like so much....BUT....after months...I have the picture complete in my head......that's already a big step isn't it?

    About this vacationmarket....it's sounds bigger then it is :D.....it's just a large market......but this time with summermusic, plays, childrenscorners...to play ofcourse.....cocktails......icecreams........and so on......:).....there.....your Dutch lesson of today....."vakantiemarkt"...*GRIN*

    XX
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them too Stacey! They're so charming....
    And you can fancy of distant and mysterious travels... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with everyone else. This turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, this is a great space and I too love old maps. Conch player, really? That is a skill that will come in handy with raising boys :)

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful map! I've been thinking of putting one up in the playroom, it adds so much! The room is gorgeous! Have a wonderful day!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so funny Stacey! I LOVE your son's bedroom... it's adorable!! That vintage map is awesome!!
    I also wanted to tell you I have an award for you over at my blog. :)
    I hope you had fun on your trip to see your family.
    Hugs ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the map!! I gave you the Blog With Substance Award today on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog.. You have a lovely blog and I am your newest follower.

    Hugs,
    Rozmeen

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you're really thinking ; )