I wanted to share a project that I did today, well partly yesterday too!
How to Make Your Own
- I took a used can of apple juice, and peeled off the label. There may be a little bit of glue on the can from under the paper, but it pops off quite easily with a knife.
- Use a can opener to cut away the top of the can. Be mindful to bend down any sharp edging on the inside of the can.
- Rinse out any left over juice, trying not to get the outside of the can wet so that you can paint it right away.
- Paint to colour of your choice and let dry, a second coat may be needed (I used Benjamin Moore's Niveous.)
- I hotglued a layer of bulap, then a width of pretty edged ribbon, then tied my main ribbon into a bow. (On the first picture, I embellished further with an old earring!)
I was hosting my sister's baby shower a few years ago, and wanted to make my table look super sweet, without the super price tag. I did three of these as a centerpiece, however, the theme was pink and brown coloured. It turned out really beautiful and everyone was amazed when I told them they were made from juice cans!
Have a great weekend!